SEO is important for WordPress blogging or bloggers. Writing a blog post can be very difficult at times. Coming up with a good and catchy title, structuring the content to still be somewhat search engine friendly, while trying to figure out how the end reader will absorb it is no easy task. Sometimes just the thought of it can slow down your creative juices and stop you in your tracks before you even finish writing 1 line of text. So below I’ve outlined a few best practices I use to get the creative juices flowing while keeping the search engines in mind. This article was written to simply share a few strategies you can use to blog effectively that aren’t meant to be fully optimized for search engines. Still, I hope you can take a few things from this and apply them to your own efforts to provide good content while siphoning off that good old search engine traffic.
Blog Writing SEO Tips For Beginners – Before Post
There are a few key things to be aware of when writing and structuring a blog post. Now, I know a lot of people who are new to the blogging world will find it a little difficult to understand at first, but don’t let it overwhelm you. Use this quick overview to do your research.
Some people start blogging without understanding the importance of SEO and usually waste a lot of time and effort creating blog posts that basically never rank and get very low streams of untargeted traffic. Once you understand a little bit about how SEO and keywords work, you’ll be way ahead and better off in the long run.
A quick SEO checklist when preparing a blog post
- Choose your topic and target audience based on your specific niche.
- Find your primary keyword with “Google Keyword Tool”
- Choose the keyword you want to target based on “exact match” searches and the number of searches for that keyword per month (try to target long tail keywords with around 500-1500 searches per month) with LOW competition.
- Create your title using your primary keyword.
- Create 3 subheadings using H1, H2 and H3 heading tags with your primary keyword.
When writing a post, try to include your keyword in the body of the post where it reads naturally without interfering with the reading flow. A good rule of thumb is that 1-3% of your blog post should contain your keyword.
There are some good WordPress plugins and tools to help you write SEO-friendly posts. If you don’t have WordPress, don’t worry, do the best you can and dig a little deeper into the world of SEO every day. If you really want to make big money like some professional bloggers do, then it will be in your best interest to understand this better from the start.
Blog SEO Tips – Post Post (What Determines Your Search Engine Position)
Once a post is created, there is another key factor that determines whether or not your post will rank high in search engines for a keyword. The order is usually determined by these main factors listed below.
Do your research on these topics and learn them!
- The importance of page and website age in search engine rankings.
- Page/Post Keyword Density (Keyword appears naturally 1-3% of the time).
- Keywords are used in the post title (H1, H2 & H3 Tags).
- Links on the page (inbound and outbound).
- Amount of relevant inbound links coming to your page or post.
- Your presence on social networks. Is your website relevant in the social media community?
- Unique content that is related to your title and tags.
For more information, type in your browser and type “Google Ranking Factors” to better understand page ranking.
Benefits of blogging based on SEO
When you create a blog post that is SEO friendly and reaches your readers, you kill two birds with one stone. This means that not only will you be in a good position to get quality search engine traffic, but you will also attract good reviews and return readers to your post. This gives you more time to focus on providing quality content while worrying less about self-promoting your blog post.
1 thought on “SEO Checklist-New Blogging Tips For Beginners In 2023”